If you’d like us to take the strain and join us on a tour of some of Scotland’s distilleries please get in touch. We know the best ones to visit.
A three day tour of Islay or Speyside or Highland or experience a wee mix. Whatever you prefer we can tailor a trip to suit. Of course it’s not all about “Usqueba”. There’s lots to see and do on the way including a quick Scottish history lesson (don’t worry we’ll make it fun) and a chance to try Scottish cuisine.
So give us your details including number in party, dates, type of accommodation preferred and we’ll create a bespoke itinerary.
- Arrive Edinburgh Airport. Time to be advised. I will meet you at arrivals and take you to your hotel in Edinburgh city centre.
- My suggested hotel is Angels Share: www.angelssharehotel.com. It’s central and very comfortable.
- Depending on time of arrival either refreshments in local hostelry or dinner and refreshments at local hostelry
- After your first Scottish breakfast you will be collected at hotel and taken to Deanston Distillery: www.deanstonmalt.com.
- Deanston Tasting Room Tour £18.00
- Experience the difference traditional methods make to the taste of whisky as you go on a sensory journey through the distillery, ending in the Deanston Tasting Room. Exploring the aromas and flavours of our Deanston expressions, you are invited to discover how our handcrafted approach contributes to the exceptional Deanston expressions. It’s a great way to learn and spend time with friends.
- Guided tour of the distillery
- Deanston Tasting Room Experience
- Includes three drams of Deanston Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- £5 voucher towards the purchase of any bottle of Deanston 70cl single malt whisky in the distillery shop
Duration: 60 minutes
- After the tour, lunch in a local establishment. Time to see local historic artefacts like Stirling Castle & the Wallace Monument.
- Travel for 1 hour to Glengoyne Distillery, north of Glasgow: www.glengoyne.com. Strongly recommend the master blender tour.
- Create your very own blended whisky After a dram of our 12 year old and an entertaining distillery tour you will go to our unique Sample Room to learn the dark art of the Master Blender. Taste Langs Select blended whisky and award winning Glengoyne 18 year old Single Highland Malt and create your very own blend of whisky which will be bottled in a 100mjl sample bottle for you to take home, along with a certificate. This is great fun. Cost £40 per person.
- Alternatively there is a wee tasting tour at £10 per person which involves a tour and two drams.
- Return to Edinburgh to relax at hotel for a few hours before dinner in a city centre Scottish cuisine restaurant.
- Walk and sight see around Royal Mile. Opportunity to visit Edinburgh Castle, the Scottish Parliament building, National Museum of Scotland, or maybe you’d prefer Royal Mile Whiskies, Cadenheads Whisky Shop and The Whiski rooms.
- Next stop: The Scotch Whisky Experience on Royal Mile. Disney for whisky enthusiasts. www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk
- Dinner in the Whiski Rooms: www.whiskirooms.co.uk
- Saturday night in Edinburgh.If you’re brave enough a ghost, ghoul and witches tour can be arranged. A lot of blood has been spilt in Auld Reekie over the centuries.
- To bed or further shenanigans. Depending on your stamina.
Depending on departure time I suggest Brunch and then to the Airport.
Haste ye back.